Somewhere Over The Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'Ole

I want to tell a bit more about what I think is the meaning behind the song 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' . But also something about the singer/writer of the song, because he was a beloved man in Hawaii. 

Israel Kamakawiwo'Ole is the singer/writer of the song 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow'. He was a Hawaiian musician. Through his music he was promoting Hawaiian rights and also Hawaiian independence. That's also why he had a big influence in Hawaiian music. On the 26th of June 1997, at the age of 38 he died, because he was obese. More than ten thousand people attended his funeral. 


What I think is the meaning behind the song is that you have to be thankful for life, because life is worth it. This is my favorite part of the song:

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people passing by 

I see friends shaking hands
Saying, "How do you do?"
They're really saying, "I...I love you"
I hear babies cry and I watch them grow
They'll learn much more
Than we'll know
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world, world

A lot van be said with a small gesture, like a handshake. Also when you're little you don't know much, you don't know what life will bring you. When they grow up they will still see, it's a wonderful world. It's a song that's really inspirining.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten