My most incredible holiday moment

I wouldn't call it a moment. It was just a whole holiday that was incredibleIt was all about basketball. We went with the belgian u16 to Utrecht and I was very happy that I made the team. There was the European Youth Olympic Festival and we were a part of it. We were all very excited and nervous, because we got to play against the best teams of Europe and indeed we didn’t do so great as we had hoped for…


Our team at the European Youth Olympic Festival
Our first game was against France, but we lost. It wasn’t the way that you want to start a tournament. But we kept our heads up and we were focused for the next game. It was against Italy and after a exciting game we lost in the end so we lost two games now. And it wasn’t going better. Against Hungary we lost again. Our two last games were against The Netherlands and Slovakia. This were the less good teams so we definitely had a chance but yet again we lost those two games. We missed experience and physical power. We were finished eighth. It sounds pretty good, but it was the last place. At least it was a great experience for us. If I look back now , it was also a  good preparation for the u16 European Championships that was going to be played a few weeks later in Bulgaria

I didn’t play in Bulgaria because I hurt my ankle just before we left. That was really the worst news I could hear and for a few days I was very angry and sad. My parents had already booked their vacation to Bulgaria so we bought an extra plane ticket and took a larger hotel room. In the end  I was  happy that I was going to see my team play and support them of course. It was arranged that I could sit on the bench with the team so at least I felt part of the team. I was very happy that the team leader organised this.


First win against the Netherlands
We lost the first two games, but finally the third game against the Netherlands we won. Finally after seven games we won including the Utrecht games. Everybody was happy even I was happy. After that we lost four games. If we would loose the two last games we were going to be demoted to the B division which would be a shame. This didn’t happen. They won against Bulgaria pretty easy. After that it was once again against The Netherlands. It was for the thirteenth place, that one place to stay in the A division. We won with just one point. We were so happy, we were jumping on each other. I still had a very good holiday, even though I couldn’t play. I had a great time with my parents, grandparents and sister. I also visited things in Bulgaria and I also could see my team play and cheer for them so overall a great summer.
One point is enough 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten